Limitations of Rear Projection TVs
Read this tip to make your life smarter, better, faster and wiser. LifeTips is the place to go when you need to know about Rear Projection TVs and other TV topics.
What are some of the limitations of rear projection TVs?
There is always advantages and disadvantages to any product. Here are some of the issues you should consider when purchasing a rear projection TV:
- Limited viewing angles -- the picture becomes dimmer as the viewer moves toward the sides
- Still bulkier than flat-screen TVs
- Some rear project TVs tend to reflect objects in the room
- Rear projection lamps burn out with usage, and will cost $150 to $300 to replace
- Can be unappealing as permanent parts of a room
Nobody has commented on this tip yet. Be the first.